Will Outsourcing Sales and Marketing Get You Better ROI?
Sales and marketing are two of the biggest drivers of any business. However, they can also be two of the most expensive departments.
Outsourcing to fulfill your sales and marketing needs is safer and less risky than bringing on new employees. It is much easier to outsource than to hire a completely new person, and it ensures you are still reaching your potential customers.
According to LinkedIn, it turns out that 59% of companies outsource to save costs. If aligning your in-house sales and marketing teams is already challenging, outsourcing one or both departments can scare business owners.
This article will look at some of the key benefits of marketing and sales outsourcing. We will also discuss what you need to know before trying it. So, keep reading if you are thinking about outsourcing sales and marketing campaigns for your business.
What Are Outsourced Sales and Marketing?
Outsourced sales and marketing are contracted business functions from a third-party source. They are people outside your company who you make responsible for achieving your defined goals. Since you are hiring marketing and sales outsourcing companies, the results you get from outsourced sales bring more ROI to your business.
Marketing and sales outsourcing services can take your business to the next level, as they can help you build connections and use your resources wisely in your quest to gain clients.
You can outsource through a direct hire or an agency agreement. Successful marketing and sales outsourcing for small business can help you accelerate revenue at a fraction of your sales and marketing investment if you hire in-house.
Still, there seems to be a good debate between outsourcing and keeping everything in-house.
Since sales and marketing are two separate functions, it is not compulsory to do both when you outsource. You can outsource sales team and have an in-house marketing team, or vice versa.
Let’s see how they compare. We will examine the difference between the two ways you can do sales and marketing.
In-house vs. Outsourcing
Are you indecisive if you should outsource or do business functions in-house? Let’s weigh the two options.
- You have more control over how business operations are done.
- You have direct communication with who is responsible for any task.
- You have less risk with the security of your business’s internal data.
- Your team can respond faster, so the turnaround of projects is faster.
- Your employees have a clear corporate culture.
- Your team will only be as good as their skill set allows, which may not be enough for some business projects.
- Internal teams can often be biased toward their ideas and work, which can hinder creativity and creativity.
- In-house teams are more expensive to maintain.
- In-house teams can quickly become overworked if they do not have the proper resources.
- You can save on overhead expenses.
- You have more comprehensive access to experts in various fields who can help you grow your business.
- You decide when the project is completed and can terminate the relationship at any time.
- You can get started easily and quickly without investing in expensive training or infrastructure.
- You and your team can focus on core business tasks.
- There’s a higher risk of confidential information being leaked if you are not careful.
- Communication can be difficult when you are working with an outsourcing agent. This can be because of cultural differences, time differences, and the fact that you are one of many clients for them.
- You lose control over the quality of the work that they do.
- Outsourced teams do not know your product as well as in-house teams.
Reasons to Outsource Sales & Marketing Tasks of Your Business
Outsourcing inside sales and marketing functions can get you a better ROI. Apart from that, there are many other reasons to outsource your sales and marketing functions to an expert sales and marketing company.
Outsourcing sales management or your business’ lead generation might be all that is needed. For other businesses, outsourcing the complete sales process through order capture and account management is the right move.
Regardless of your unique business requirements, here are some benefits of leveraging an outsourced sales and marketing company to expand your business.
Add local and experienced sales and marketing experts to the business team with no effort for recruiting and hiring directly. This way, you can build trust with the outsourced team and can cut off business relationships anytime you want.
You can bring together an experienced and talented outsourced sales team online in a fraction of the time it would take to recruit and hire from your headquarters. This saves you the time and efforts it will take you to recruit in-house staff.
B2b outsource sales and marketing allows a business to quickly expand the sales and marketing team at a fraction of the cost of hiring internally. You do not need to pay for office space, equipment, training cost, employee benefits, etc.
One of the significant advantages of outsourcing is the ability to scale the effort up or down easily based on the business circumstances. Whether you need to double the sales team or your business wants to shift its focus to a different market or priority, it can be as simple as a phone call.
A well-structured program will have objectives and realistic goals that can quickly enable companies to accelerate new business revenue.
Also, by allowing the business to focus on its core tasks, an outsourced sales and marketing program can positively impact business productivity and revenue generation.
At the end of the day, your business needs the best resources it can afford to grow. Outsourcing is a great way to leverage your resources to expand your business quickly and efficiently.
Hiring sales and marketing outsourcing companies provides many benefits to businesses. It can be a great way to get the help you need without hiring and training new employees.
By enlisting the help of marketing and sales outsourcing firms, businesses can edge out their competitors and achieve their marketing and sales goals. This will help them focus their internal resources on key projects to drive the business forward.
If you are considering outsourcing your sales and marketing efforts, there are a few things you need to know first. We have outlined the importance and benefits of outsourcing in this post, and we hope it helps you make the best decision for your business.