QuickBooks error 15106 hinders the ongoing procedure with a text that says “Error 15106: The update program is damaged” or “Error 15106: The update program cannot be opened”. With this line and code, you may feel terrible about carrying out the updates of QuickBooks software and payroll. It may appear frequently and restrict you to work on the software.
Well, we can understand the situation. That’s why we came up with the post. Through the guidance below, we try to help you out in this difficult situation. So, make sure to read the full post and conduct the procedure as suggested. Also, try to cover each section rather than jump directly to the next one.
QuickBooks Error 15106: Description and Definition
Well, the error is also stated as QuickBooks payroll error 15106 because of the hindrances it brings while conducting the payroll update. Users face lots of issues while carrying out this specific task. Not only it brings the error message but also causes a sudden crash of the software. So, it becomes a necessity to resolve this issue. But, first, let’s understand the different causes that make the error appear.
Factors that Bring QuickBooks Error 15106
You can face the issue due to the presence of various reasons within the system.
- Not using the admin rights for running QuickBooks.
- Installing the WebRoot antivirus software.
- High settings of Windows User Account Control settings can also lead to the QuickBooks update error 15106.
- Interference caused by anti-malware and third-party programs.
- Some of the essential components are not installed.
Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 15106 with these Solutions
There are lots of solutions through which you can easily fix the QuickBooks error 15106.
Solution 1: Disable the User Account Control (UAC)
Below are provided the steps of turning off the UAC on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, and 7. Make sure to carry out the steps as suggested.
- Hit the Windows + R button and access the Run window.
- Now, enter the Control Panel in the blank field.
- Tap the OK button.
- Thereafter, choose a User account.
- Make sure that you selected the Change User Account Control Settings.
- If there is any other message from the UAC then click on the Yes button.
- Consequently, disable UAC by moving the slider.
- Also, tap the button named Never notify.
- Choose the OK button.
- You can enable the UAC after restarting your system.
Solution 2: Use Admin Credentials to Log in
Not using the proper admin credentials can lead to various QuickBooks update error. So, always make sure to log in as an admin to not get into any such situation. There are two steps described below. Make sure to go through them.
Step 1: Already Logged in as a Different User
- Head towards the QuickBooks application icon placed on the desktop.
- Perform a right there on it.
- Choose the option named Run as administrator.
- Now, enter the essential admin credentials.
- Again, hit OK.
- You can now easily log in as an admin.
Step 2: Log in to the Admin Account
- Tap the Start button.
- Move towards the lower right corner and select Switch user.
- Now, you need to provide the credentials.
- After that, you will successfully switch from the user account to admin.
Solution 3: Reset the QuickBooks Updates
- Access the QuickBooks desktop.
- From the Help menu, choose the option named Update QuickBooks.
- Consequently, go to the Options button.
- Choose the Mark All button.
- Later, click Save.
- Head towards the Update Now button.
- Put a mark on the tab that says Reset Update.
- Also, click on the side box Get Updates.
Solution 4: Disable WebRoot Spyware Sweeper
- Tap on the Start menu.
- Choose the Control Panel.
- Once done, hit Add / Remove Programs.
- Make sure that you double-click on WebRoot.
- After that, hit the Uninstall / Remove button.
- Choose Uninstall now.
- Then, move the cursor towards Next.
- Go through the instructions carefully for deleting this Webroot Spyware Sweeper.
- The user now needs to restart the system.
- After that, install the QuickBooks updates.
Solution 5: Clean Install of QuickBooks
This is the last solution consisting of four different steps. Make sure to go through each of them and conduct a clean install of QuickBooks.
Step 1: Create Backup of Data
First of all, you need to make a backup for the company data to avoid any further risk. Once done, try to save a copy of QB desktop or license and product info.
Step 2: Log in with Selective Startup
- Access the Run window.
- Enter Msconfig.
- Hit OK.
- Head towards the general option.
- Choose Selective startup mode.
- Checkmark the load of the system services.
- Tap the services button.
- Thereafter, click on Hide all Microsoft services.
- Also, select the Hide all Microsoft services located on the bottom part.
- Tap the Disable all option.
- From the list of services, choose Check windows installer followed by hitting Restart.
Step 3: Uninstall and Reinstall QuickBooks
Now, you are required to uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks software. So, make sure to conduct the same.
Step 4: Switch to Normal Startup Mode
- Access the Run window.
- Enter Msconfig.
- Tap Ok.
- Select Normal startup from the general tab.
- Again, hit Ok.
- Choose Restart from the System configuration window.
So, with these different solutions, you can easily troubleshoot the QuickBooks error 15106. If you want to ask anything related to this guide then bring your doubts below.