The mobile application development industry continues to evolve and thrive.
In fact, considering the growth in the previous years, the custom mobile application development industry is galloping at a break-neck speed.
- By 2022, the mobile app industry revenue will hit $693 billion.
- The mobile app development market will rise to $44.3 trillion by 2027.
- At present, there are almost 6.3 billion mobile app users thriving around the globe.
- On the other hand, Statista reports that the total number of mobile app users will reach 7.26 billion by 2022 and 7.49 billion by 2025.
Since mobile apps are the prime medium to achieve digital success, it fosters people’s fondness for mobile applications.
By and large, the exponential hike in these stats encourages startups and enterprises to grow innovative mobile app ideas for businesses. Undoubtedly, it is also a reason behind the cut-throat competition in the mobile application industry.
Despite the steady growth and people’s craze for mobile apps, the scary truth is that most mobile app projects fail.
Companies embrace mobile app development to survive and thrive in the competition. Still, they lack the knowledge to track the latest mobile application development trend. Unless they dig out the newest trend and implement it in their app development, their mobile apps will never sustain for a long time.
So, it goes like this. Enterprises can enjoy a large bite from the mobile app development market revenue only by staying aware of the latest trends.
Let’s discuss the latest mobile application development trends in 2023 in detail.
Top Mobile Application Development Trends 2023
While many new trends in mobile app development are around the corner, the following are the most dominant trends in the app development landscape.
Rise Of 5G
5G has been here for quite some time.
However, in 2022, 5G has become more than a buzzword. So, definitely, this chunk of technology will become a prominent mobile app development trend. Very soon, 5G-enabled mobile devices will thrive in the market.
In terms of value, the global 5G market will surpass $1.87 trillion by 2030.
5G will boost mobile application development and use speed and efficiency. Besides, 5G will bring other noticeable changes to mobile app development.
- 5G mobile apps will become 100 times faster than their 4G counterparts.
- The latency will decrease to one millisecond.
- 5G ensures high resolution and lightning performance of mobile apps. It will benefit the video streaming mobile apps.
- With 5G, mobile app developers will find it easier to tinker and implement AR and VR features in their apps.
- As 5G ensures speed and efficiency, data transfer between mobile devices will become a piece of the pie.
- Due to the high speed and peerless efficiency of 5G, mobile payments will seem quicker than ever before.
- Therefore, it seems like the 5G technology will help custom app development services build apps faster and more efficiently.
- Since the app development process gets accelerated, it will open room for creativity and innovation.
The world is getting impatient to see what the technology brings onboard.
The days are long gone when one mobile app caters to solving one specific issue of users.
For the last five years, if technology has been evolving rapidly, people’s demands are also changing.
Super app is a fresh trend in mobile applications design and development.
- Super app is a one-stop solution for all the needs of users. It can serve multiple purposes like food delivery, buying groceries, shopping apparel, grabbing movie tickets, and many more.
- Some super apps also include ride-hailing and financial services.
- The mobile app named We Chat is a prominent example of a super app. This mobile application offers users services like sending texts, social media, mobile payment etc. Till the first quarter of 2022, We Chat holds almost 1.26 billion monthly users worldwide.
- Instead of installing different mobile apps for various purposes, users can drive multiple services from a single super app.
- The multi-functionality of the super app makes it more convenient for users.
- 67% of US consumers prefer the integration of multiple digital experiences in one super app.
- Thus, day by day, people are showing their interest in integrating their multiple digital experiences into one super app. They want to access shopping, entertainment, financial services, and even ticket booking in one place.
So, it may not raise surprising to experience the demand for super apps in 2023 and beyond.
Wearable Mobile App Integration
Wearable devices have already become a hit around the world.
The total number of wearable devices will reach 929 million by 2022.
Hence, 2023 and the upcoming years will bring crucial and positive changes in the wearable device industry. Among such changes, there is wearable mobile app integration.
Google has announced a unified wearable platform that amalgamates the wear operating system with Samsung’s Tizen software platform.
Hence, it is clear that smartwatches and wearables will gain a distinct edge over the users.
Custom app development services must embrace this trend to offer customers a remarkable digital experience.
The Rise of Voice Technology
Voice recognition technology has taken the mobile application space by storm. There is hardly any doubt that it will remain one of the most dominant trends in 2023 and beyond.
The voice recognition market will reach $27.16 billion by 2026.
Voice recognition implies the ability of mobile devices to receive and interpret spoken directives. So, now people can use their voice commands to manage mobile apps and perform web searches.
From retail to finance, many industries harness voice technology’s power to make their apps more appealing to users.
To conclude, these are some of the most prominent mobile application development trends that will dominate the world in 2023 and beyond.
However, many of the custom mobile application development trends throbbing in 2022 will not lose their charms in the upcoming years. The trends like AR/VR, AI/ML, Etc., will expand their roots in the app zone more deeply.