Cyber security is one of the most underrated topics these days. The reason being it is monotonous and difficult to understand. But, as life moves online, securing the home network is no more fancy. One can’t ignore cyber security for the sake of networking devices. Because the internet world is full of malware and viruses that can infect a Netgear router and shatter the home WiFi network. These threats associated with PC can even affect other devices connected to the Netgear router’s WiFi network. Thankfully, Netgear facilitates users with Netgear Armor- an advanced multilayer cyber security that protects the WiFi network from spyware, viruses, phishing, and hackers.
Netgear Armor acts as a sentinel for the WiFi router and protects it from security threats. It also includes a Sensitive Data Protection feature that filters all incoming traffic. So, if you have also performed Netgear Nighthawk setup at home, then you should definitely consider activating Netgear Armor on your device. Here, we will provide you with step-by-step guidelines to activate Netgear Armor using the Nighthawk app. But, before that, let’s have a look at the features offered by Netgear Armor.
Features Offered By Netgear Armor
- Network vulnerability assessment
- Device detection and management
- Automatic security updates
- Protection Level
- Anti-theft protection
- Instant alerts
- Web protection
Now, without any further delay, let’s move ahead to the steps to activate Netgear Armor on your WiFi router.
Steps to Activate Netgear Armor Using Nighthawk App
- Plug your Netgear Nighthawk router into an active wall outlet and press the Power button.
- As soon as the power LED on your Nighthawk router turns solid green, create a stable connection between your WiFi devices.
- Now, unlock your phone and head over to its App Store as per the availability.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app and install it on your mobile device.
- Launch the app after the installation process finishes.
- Create a Netgear account using your email ID and password.
- Thereafter, enter the default username of your Netgear Nighthawk router into their respective fields and tap the Log In button.
- You will be welcomed by the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Tap the Security option under the Settings menu to reveal the Netgear Armor page.
- Lastly, tap the Enable Netgear Armor slider to turn it on.
In this way, you can activate Netgear Armor on your router using the Nighthawk app.
Note: Armor will no longer be active on your Netgear Nighthawk router once the 30-day trial expires.
If you want to secure your home network from potential threats permanently, then you should opt for a paid subscription for Netgear Armor. Your paid subscription for the Netgear Armor will start once you enter the activation code. So, if you have an activation code, have a look at the following steps to activate Netgear Armor on your Nighthawk router:
Steps to Activate Netgear Armor Using a Subscription Code
- Launch the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
- Fill in the Netgear router login details to access the BASIC Home screen.
- Tap the Security option > Netgear Armor Portal.
- Tap the Menu icon on the Netgear Armor portal and select My Subscriptions.
- Enter the activation code to activate your Netgear Armor subscription.
In this way, you can Netgear Armor on your router using a subscription code. On the off chance you fail to do so, refer to the following tips to activate Netgear Armor successfully:
Tips to Successfully Activate Netgear Armor
- Ensure that your Netgear nighthawk router is receiving a sufficient power supply.
- Make sure that your Netgear router is running on its latest firmware version.
In the Nutshell
Protection of home networks from cybercrime is of utmost importance today. By activating the Netgear Armor on your router, you will be able to secure your WiFi device and have a hassle-free internet-usage experience.