Post-Surgery Care and Attention Ensure Speedy Recovery After Liposuction in Texas
Liposuction is a safe and proven procedure for individuals who wish to eliminate excess fat from the stubborn areas of their body. It gives the desired figure while giving a perfect shape and proportion to the body. Before that, you need to ensure that you are getting this procedure done at a reliable clinic through professional doctors.
Texas Liposuction Specialty Clinic is quite popular and you can be assured to be in good company. They offer patients the most sophisticated and technologically advanced liposuction procedures. Their renowned certified plastic surgeon Dr. Eric Payne offers a multitude of different liposuction procedures under one roof. Just take an appointment through their website texasliposuction.com and visit their Houston Office and they will cater to all your needs.
Knowing what to expect and what helps in post-surgery recovery makes the process easier. Take it easy and get enough sleep in the first few weeks as these the best ways to heal your body post liposuction surgery.
First 3 days-
- You will be given pain killers to help and recover from slight pain and discomfort.
- Wear compression garment
- Take enough rest
- Limit physical activities
1-2 weeks after liposuction-
- Pain will reduce and you may go back to work but avoiding strenuous activities
- Continue wearing the compression garment
- No pain or soreness but with slight swelling
- You may start light exercises but no strenuous activities
6th week and beyond-
- Swelling and bruising subsides
- No need to wear the compression garment
- Now you can see the results of liposuction
While this treatment is quite safe, it is also a surgical procedure that requires good care and attention for a speedy and proper recovery.
- Consume fewer amount of food to avoid nausea and bloating
- Include lots of protein, fresh fruits like watermelon, grapefruit, strawberry, zucchini, and celery
- Add vegetables to your diet for boosting recovery and limiting inflammation
- Reduce salt intake so that the body does not retain water and gets swollen up
- Reduce sugar intake so that the immunity is retained
- Increase water intake to 10-12 glasses daily
- Include beverages other than water like tea, fruit juice, slim milk, low-calorie beverages
- Avoid drinks with high sodium content
Take a walk
- Take complete rest within the first 24 hours following liposuction
- While exercising is not recommended during post-surgery recovery, you can speed up the healing by light movement
- Take short walks so that your body is in motion and not getting strained too
Wear soft and comfortable clothes during the recovery period. Try not to soak your body in a hot tub or any water until you are healed. Rather, a gentle Lymphatic drainage massage would give you much relief from pain and discomfort.
Liposuction can be a great way of changing your life by boosting your overall confidence. Just stay aware of what to follow during the recovery period and you are good to go with a slimmer and contoured body.