Performing Netgear extender setup in your home is a wonderful solution to turn dead zones into fun zones and boost your existing wireless network. Although a WiFi extender is the ultimate way to access a blazing-fast and lag-free internet connection, many users have reported that they face issues with the device. And one such issue is ‘Netgear extender keeps disconnecting’. If you also struggling with the same issue, it is time to ease the worry lines on your forehead.
Walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned below and learn how to get rid of the issue at hand in a matter of minutes.
Reasons Why Your Netgear Extender Keeps Disconnecting
There can be endless reasons why your Netgear wireless range extender is disconnecting. For example:
- The firmware of your Netgear extender is not running on an updated version.
- You have not properly created a connection between your extender and wireless router.
- The WiFi signals of your range extender are getting blocked or interrupted.
- Technical glitches can also be one of the reasons why your Netgear extender keeps disconnecting.
- You haven’t configured your Netgear extender via mywifiext properly.
Now, you can proceed further and learn how to troubleshoot the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue.
Fixed: Netgear Extender Keeps Disconnecting
- Reboot Your Netgear Extender
Before you do anything else, it is recommended that you reboot your Netgear wireless range extender. Mentioned below are the guidelines that you need to follow in order to give your device a restart:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled device connected to the range extender.
- Power off your Netgear extender and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Then, plug the extender back into the power source and turn it on.
Now, check whether your Netgear range extender still keeps disconnecting. If it does, it is recommended that you keep reading.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your Netgear wireless range extender can also help you troubleshoot the issue you are currently struggling with. So, take the help of the instructions mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear extender firmware update:
- Launch a browser on your WiFi-enabled device.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type 192.168.1.250.
- Log in to your Netgear extender using the default username and password.
- On the Netgear Genie dashboard, go to Settings.
- Select Maintenance, click Firmware Update.
Now, follow the on-screen instructions to finish updating the firmware of your Netgear range extender to the latest version.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
There is a possibility that the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear wireless range extender and the router is damaged.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you get the Ethernet cable replaced with a new one. Also, ensure that the cable connection is not loose.
- Avoid WiFi Interference
Avoiding WiFi interference is another thing that you can do to get rid of the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue.
Thus, make sure that you place your wireless device away from treadmills, televisions, aluminum studs, cordless phones, baby monitors, washing machines, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc.
If nothing has worked for you in troubleshooting the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue, then it is recommended that you perform factory default reset. Once you are done with the reset process, reconfigure your extender, and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to its Netgear_ext SSID.
The Bottom Line
Coming across the Netgear extender keeps disconnecting issue is very common. But, if you carefully follow the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article, trust us; there is nothing that can stop you from resolving it.
If the tips mentioned above helped you fix the issue you were facing, consider leaving a word of appreciation in the comment section. We would love to read that we could be of some help.