Linksys WiFi range extenders are known for their remarkable WiFi performance. However, like any other technical device, Linksys smart WiFi range extenders are also prone to various issues. One of them is the ‘Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID’ issue. If you are also struggling with the same issue, then this article will relieve you of it. So, wait no more, and read on to learn how to get rid of the issue within a matter of minutes.
Fixed: Linksys Extender Not Broadcasting SSID
- Reboot Your Extender
Sometimes technical glitches prevent your Linksys range extender from broadcasting its SSID. These glitches can be ridden by giving a simple restart to your extender.
Have a look at the following instructions in order to reboot your Linksys extender:
- Disconnect all the devices connected to your Linksys smart WiFi extender.
- Now, unplug the extender from the power outlet and wait for a few seconds.
- Afterward, plug your extender back into the wall outlet and turn it on.
After rebooting your Linksys extender, check if it starts broadcasting the SSID or not. If not, then give a read to the next troubleshooting hack.
- Relocate Your Extender
The next thing you can try to fix the ‘Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID’ issue is to relocate your WiFi device. Chances are that you have placed it inside a closet or under a table. Keep the following points in mind while relocating your Linksys smart WiFi extender:
- Keep your extender in a zero interference zone i.e. away from radio-waves emitting devices, objects containing a large amount of water, and metal objects.
- Consider placing your Linksys range extender in the center of a well-ventilated room so that WiFi signals will be evenly transmitted throughout the home.
- Apart from that, do not choose a corner to place your WiFi device.
- Update the Firmware
Perhaps, your Linksys extender is running on an outdated firmware version that has led you to the issue you are currently facing. Therefore, get ready to update the firmware of your Linksys extender. Here are the steps to update your Linksys device:
- Turn on your extender and open a web browser on a PC.
- Now, download the firmware file for your Linksys range extender on your PC.
- Access the Linksys extender login page.
- Use the extender’s default admin details to reach the web-based setup page.
- Click Firmware Update under Administration.
- Upload the firmware file and update your device.
This is how you can update the firmware of your Linksys range extender.
Note: If you also own a Linksys router, you need to update the firmware by accessing the Linksys router login page.
Quick Tip: Your Linksys range extender might also fail to broadcast the SSID due to an overcrowded wireless channel. Therefore, access the web-based setup page of the extender and consider selecting the least crowded wireless channel.
- Reset Your Linksys Extender
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks has worked in your favor, then the issue might have occurred due to an improper Linksys extender setup. Therefore, you need to set up your extender properly. But before that, perform factory default reset of the extender.
Given below are the simplified steps to reset your Linksys range extender:
- Ensure that your Linksys extender is getting a fluctuation-free electricity.
- Once ensured, find the Reset button.
- Now, grab a sharp object and use it to press the Reset button.
- Your Linksys extender will get restored to the factory default settings.
Now, perform Linksys extender setup from scratch. This time you will definitely get success in resolving the issue.
The Final Thoughts
The ‘Linksys extender not broadcasting SSID’ issue can ruin anyone’s internet experience. Follow the aforementioned tips and get the issue resolved in a hassle-free manner. Thanks for reading the article.