Do you want your TP-Link wireless repeater to work effortlessly every minute of the day? If you are nodding your head in yes, then it is recommended that you perform TP-Link repeater firmware upgrade via tplinkrepeater.net right away.
What happened? Are you not sure about how to execute the process? Well, in that case, walk through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn to upgrade the firmware of your TP-Link repeater to its most recent version.
How to Upgrade TP-Link Repeater Firmware?
- Take a power cord and plug it into your repeater and then the wall socket.
- If your TP-Link repeater is the one that gets plugged in directly, then do that.
- Once done, press the Power button.
- Hold on for a couple of seconds.
- Take an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your repeater and your home router with the help of the Ethernet cable.
Note: The connection between your extender and router should be finger-tight at all costs.
- Open up your favorite browser after gaining access to your computer.
- Take the mouse cursor to the address bar instead of the search bar of the browser.
- Insert tplinkrepeater.net in the web address field and hit Enter.
- Have you reached the TP-Link repeater login window? You are doing great so far.
- Input the default username and password and hit Log In.
- The TP-Link WiFi extender setuppage will come into view.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Click the System Tools option.
- Select the Firmware Update button.
- Walk through the on-screen instructions.
With that, the process of TP-Link repeater firmware update has come to an end here. In case, you get stuck at any point during it, follow the hacks highlighted below. Trust us; they will surely help you find an instant solution to the problem that you are currently facing.
TP-Link Repeater Firmware Update Failed?
- Use the Correct Login Credentials
In order to successfully upgrade the firmware of your device, you need to access the TP Link WiFi extender setup wizard. And that can only be done if you use the correct login credentials. However, considering you are not able to upgrade your device’s firmware, it means that you haven’t used the correct username and password. So, rectify your mistake by entering the correct admin details. Not sure about them? Refer to the user manual.
- Update Your Internet Browser
Another thing that needs to be done from your end is to upgrade your existing internet browser to its latest version. Wondering how to do that? Well, the process is quite simple. All you need to do is, go to the Settings section of your browser and hit directly on the Update Browser button. That’s how easy it is. Apart from this, ensure that your browser does not have pent-up cache or browsing history. It might make the process of TP-Link repeater firmware update slower than usual.
- Eliminate WiFi Interference
In order to troubleshoot the TP-Link repeater firmware upgrade failure issue, you also need to make sure that your device is not placed near mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, cordless phones, refrigerators, washing machines, microwave ovens, baby monitors, treadmills, Bluetooth speakers, televisions, etc.
The reason being, these things can easily interfere with or block the signals being transmitted from your TP-Link repeater, thereby stopping you from updating its firmware.
- Check the Power Supply
Although an improper power supply might be a secondary reason behind the TP-Link repeater firmware update failure issue, it still is important. To eliminate this factor, you can do either of the following things:
- Get your existing wall outlet repaired.
- Plug your TP-Link wireless repeater into a different wall outlet.
After you have thoroughly followed these troubleshooting hacks, try to update the firmware of your TP-Link wireless repeater manually. Are you still not able to? Well, then take the help of the Tether app to execute the same process.
With pride, we are wrapping up our guide on performing TP-Link repeater firmware update. We expect that after walking through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post, you will successfully be able to upgrade the firmware of your device.
If you do, then do not forget to share your feedback with not just us but also your fellow readers. You can do so via the comment section.