Updating Netgear Orbi RBK50 firmware helps in improving the performance of the device in minutes. Apart from this, Orbi firmware update, if performed successfully and completely provides a number of beneficial features with improved security.
Update Orbi RBK50 Firmware
Using the App
- Open your mobile device, wireless computer, or iPad.
- Get access to the Orbi’s WiFi.
- Download, install, and launch the Orbi app.
- Enter your Netgear Orbi login admin password and click on Sign In.
- The dashboard of your displays Orbi RBK50 displays.
- Click on the Menu icon. You can easily find on the top-left corner.
- Select Settings and then click on Router Settings.
- Scroll down a little and click on Check for Updates. If you see Orbi RBK50 firmware update instead, follow the on-screen instructions to get the job done.
The latest version of Orbi RBK50 firmware has been successfully updated.
Note: You can also update the firmware on your Netgear Orbi manually. To perform Orbi firmware update manually, follow the instructions highlighted below.
Orbi RBK50 firmware
The Manual Method
- Launch a web browser from a computer or desktop. Make sure that you have access to Orbi’s WiFi.
- Open a web browser and enter orbilogin.com or orbilogin.net in the URL bar field.
- Enter the Netgear Orbi login password into the required field.
- Click on Advanced.
- The basic home page of your device will be displayed.
- Click on Administration > Firmware Update.
- The RBK50’s Firmware Update page displays.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest firmware version.
Note: To complete the Orbi firmware update process successfully, please it is requested – do not interrupt the process in between. Means, do not click on any click, turn off the Orbi, or go online.
If you want to make the most out of your Orbi device, we suggest you to perform Netgear Orbi RBK50 firmware update process on regular basis.
Bonus: If you want to update the firmware of your Orbi satellite, then we can also provide you instructions for the same. Scroll down a little to update the latest firmware version on your Orbi satellite.
Update Your Orbi Satellite
- Right off the bat, visit the official site of your device.
- Download the firmware for your Orbi and save it to your desktop.
- Once you are done, locate and hit the Manual Update button.
- The Firmware Update page will be displayed shortly.
- Enter the model number of your satellite and select the check box.
- Click on the Update button.
You are almost done!
- The RBK50’s Orbi satellite Firmware Update window displays.
- Enter the orbi login admin password.
- Note: Enter the same orbilogin password you entered for your Orbi router.
- Once you are done, click on the BROWSE button. Locate and select the file that ends with .img or .chk on your device (desktop or laptop).
- Click the UPLOAD button to perform the firmware update process on your Orbi satellite.
Note: Please be patience. Do not do the mistake of interrupting the firmware process in between. It might take a longer time than usual to complete the firmware update process.
Once the Orbi satellite finishes updating the firmware update process, your device will reboot automatically.
Fab! The firmware on your Orbi satellite has been successfully updated.
Before we give this piece of writing an end, let us share one more beneficial tip with you.
Look, similar to humans, WiFi devices also need a rest. The rest is very important for the devices to work well. So, it is crucial to power cycle or restart your Orbi RBK50 and satellite once in a week or ten days.
To initiate this process, you just have to disconnect your devices with each other. Once you are done, unplug them all, and wait for a few minutes. Turn on your devices one by one. Turn on your Orbi router first and after a few seconds, turn on the satellite.
In this way, you can give your devices a fresh start every week.
In a Nutshell
Updating the firmware of your Orbi router and satellite is very important and this you have already come to know via this post. If you find that your Orbi device isn’t performing as per expectations, just update its firmware (if available) by using the instructions outlined above.