Different Pool Types and Their Pros and Cons
The swimming pool is constructed in 4 different types. They are above-ground pools, concrete pools, vinyl-liner pools, and fibreglass pools. Every pool type is ideal for almost all localities, and each type of pool has its own set of pros and cons. knowing about them in detail can help you decide what pool type is ideal for your property.
Once you have finalised the right pool type, you can then look for the builders and construction services that handle the construction of a new swimming pool in Rockhampton. One of such is Gen2 Pools. They are experts in all types of pool construction works and can help you in making your dream of adding a pool to your property come true. You can visit their webpage to know more.
Pros and cons of all pool types
Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of adding different swimming pools in your locality.
- Cheaper installation works
- No requirement for any excavation work as the pool will be installed above the ground
Since there is no requirement of digging up the ground or excavation work, the construction work will automatically become cheaper than the other pool construction types.
- Can become a hindrance when it comes to selling that particular property, as not many buyers like a pool that is installed above-ground.
- A property that is surrounded by decking is not the ideal location for installation.
- Cannot be added to all landscape types.
- The metal frames that are used for the construction will not last longer than 7 to 12 years.
- Best suited for people looking for a budget-friendly pool installation
- The required materials will be comparatively cheaper than the other in-ground pool types.
- The latest technology offers to design the pools in any design and dimension.
- The pool liner is the biggest disadvantage as the material requires replacement over time.
- The liner can be subjected to wear and tear from the sides and they can start accumulating at the end of the pool.
- The pool will not last more than 7 to 12 years.
- It will not add any sense of aesthetic value to the property
- Do not require constant maintenance like the other pool types.
- The surface will not allow the easy build-up algae at the end of the pool, and hence the requirement of pool water maintenance is not as frequent as required.
- Do not require more months for the installation
- The pools are quite durable.
- Not many options are available when it comes to the dimensions, designs, and other such options.
- The shell will be designed exclusively in the factories, and hence the mode of transportation and also installation is quite minimal.
- They can be customized to any required shape, size, dimension, design, depth, and so on.
- Many customizable options are available for the homeowners to go berserk with their ideas.
- Can add extra value to any property.
- Very high maintenance option
- The constant development of algae in the water
- Requires more amounts of chemicals for the maintenance
- Can be hard on the feel of children
Now that you know the pros and cons of all pool types, you can decide what works the best for your property. Choose wisely.