In order for the Netgear Orbi device to function properly, it is important that you update its firmware from time to time. However, if that is exactly what you are not able to do, then you should be worried. But, worry not because the troubleshooting tips given in this post will surely help you fix the issue at hand. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
Fixed: Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failed
- Follow the Correct Instructions
One of the major reasons why you are not able to perform Netgear Orbi firmware update is because you might have followed the wrong instructions. Therefore, carefully follow the steps mentioned below and learn how to properly update the firmware of your wireless device to the latest version:
- Switch on your PC and open a browser.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, you need to type orbilogin.net or orbilogin.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- The Netgear Orbi login page will appear on the screen of your PC.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, click Settings > Wireless Settings.
- Under Maintenance, click Firmware Update, and walk through the on-screen prompts.
If even after following these instructions, you are not able to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router, then you take the help of the tips outlined below.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
Chances are that the Ethernet cable connecting your Netgear Orbi router and the existing modem is worn out or damaged from somewhere due to which you are unable to update the firmware.
To troubleshoot the issue, it is recommended that you replace your current Ethernet cable with a new one to connect your devices.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
Are you still struggling with the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue? Well, that might be because the WiFi signals of your device are getting interrupted or overlapped.
Thus, make sure that your Orbi is placed away from things like cordless phones, fish tanks, washing machines, mirrors, baby monitors, refrigerators, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, aluminum studs, televisions, treadmills, etc.
Additionally, avoid placing your Orbi in corners or near thick concrete walls.
- Reboot Your Netgear Orbi Router
Technical glitches can also stop you from updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device. But, fret not. In order to get rid of these glitches, you need to reboot your device. Here’s how:
- Disconnect every client device connected to the network of your Netgear Orbi router.
- Unplug your Netgear Orbi device from the electrical socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then, plug your Orbi device back into the electrical outlet.
Now, check whether you are still experiencing the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue? If you are, then, unfortunately, you are left with no other option than to reset your wireless device.
- Reset Your Netgear Orbi
Take the help of the guidelines mentioned below and learn how to restore your Netgear Orbi device to the factory default settings:
- Look for the Reset button located on your Netgear Orbi device.
- Once found, carefully press it using a sharp metallic object.
- Wait for some time.
In this manner, you will be able to restore your Netgear Orbi router to the factory default mode.
As soon as you are done resetting your Orbi device, do not forget to reconfigure it by accessing the Netgear Orbi login page.
And that’s it! Our guide to troubleshoot the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue has come to an end here. Here’s to hope that the tips mentioned in this post helped you fix the issue you were facing with your wireless device. If they did, we wouldn’t mind getting appreciated. So, do leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.