Human beings tend to keep eating even when they’re not hungry. You may have gone through the experience too. When you’re not engaged in any activity or you’re spending the weekend in your home doing nothing, you might crave delicious and savoury snacks. Although beef jerky is associated with rich cultural history, these days, it has become a popular snack. This guide will help you buy the best beef jerky available online which you can munch on as a snack every time you’re craving something delicious.
Beef Jerky History
Jerky is a snack that was introduced to the world years ago. Travellers carried beef jerky as a snack because it was convenient and could be preserved for a long time without the need for refrigeration. In the ancient days, beef jerky referred to thin meat slices that were sun-dried and garnished with salt to add flavour. In recent times, however, the invention has undergone many variations and people have started experimenting with a snack to customize the jerky according to their preference and taste.
Nutritious properties of beef jerky
Beef jerky might be a snack and snacks are mostly known to be unhealthy but thankfully, beef jerky hits the jackpot with this one because it is high in protein content. Since it is low in unhealthy fat and carbohydrates, it is a perfect choice not only for your snack sessions but also for your diet routine. Commercial jerky may have a higher salt content but you can always prepare the snack all by yourself at home by purchasing beef jerky bulk online.
Process of making jerky
Jerky are thin slices of meat from which the fat is removed and the meat is dehydrated. The meat is dried in the sun or at least this was the way of making the jerky in the early days. These days, however, ovens are used to prepare the jerky. It is placed in low heat with a small space left open for the air to circulate. Industries use resealable plastic bags to capture the moisture of the meat to prevent the oxidation of fat. Make sure you find the best meat for beef jerky online so that you can prepare the jerky all by yourself at home.
Things to consider
Since we are dedicated to helping you find the best jerky available online, here are some things that might help you to find the best jerky online.
- While there are plenty of stores selling beef jerky in the modern age, find one that has a wide variety to choose from so that you can have more choices and you can find the right jerky that can excite and impress your taste buds.
- Choose a beef jerky store that has been selling the product for a while because you can usually trust these stores more than other stores. They will be more reliable and they might have better quality jerky too.
- When it comes to beef jerky, you cannot afford to miss out on the beef jerky flavors because they are exactly what makes the jerky savoury and scrumptious. If you don’t want to lose the flavour of your jerky, look for garnishing and side dips that can elevate and enhance the taste of the jerky.
These are some tips you need to consider when you are looking for an online store that sells beef jerky meat but this isn’t enough because, at the end of the day, you have to take the meat cuts of the jerky into account too.
There are three cuts you can choose from for the beef jerky you are buying by which are as follows.
- The first but is the eye of a round cut in which the meat is cut from the back leg’s centre. It’s comparatively less expensive than other cuts and is good for those looking for a little fat in the jerky.
- The bottom round cut is where the meat is taken from the leg’s upper muscle and it’s highly flavourful. Although, it’s less tender than other cuts.
- The top cut is the last and it is more tender than the bottom round cut but less tender than the eye of the round cut.
These are the three kinds of beef jerky meat cuts available online. Make sure you choose the one that suits your taste and fits the recipe you are choosing for the preparation of the jerky.