Allegiant Airlines, the well-known low-cost carrier, introduced a new baggage policy that will take effect on March 1, 2023. This revised policy includes several changes that travelers should be aware of. In this comprehensive tutorial, we’ll go over every detail of these changes and provide you with helpful hints for navigating them smoothly. Check out Booking Trolley to make your Allegiant flight even more cheap. Book cheap Allegiant flights at +1-585-935-7101 for the best deals. Stay informed and save on your next trip with Allegiant Air!
Increased Weight and Size Limits for Checked Bags
One of the most notable changes in Allegiant Airlines baggage policy is the higher weight and size limits for checked baggage. Previously, checked luggage may weigh up to 40 pounds (18 kilograms) and could not exceed 70 linear inches (178 centimeters) in height + width + depth. Under the new policy, travelers can now pack checked bags up to 50 pounds (22 kilos) and with dimensions not exceeding 80 linear inches (203 centimeters).
The adjustment allows customers to pack more into their checked luggage, giving those who need it more options. Whether you’re packing for a long vacation, a business trip, or a family holiday, the increased limitations ensure you have enough capacity for everything you need without paying extra fees.
Increased Size Limits for Carry-On Bags
The size limits for carry-on bags have also been increased. Allegiant Airlines previously allowed carry-on baggage measuring up to 22 inches by 14 inches by 9 inches. With the new policy in place, carry-on bags can now measure up to 22 inches by 16 inches by 10 inches. This enhancement enables passengers to make the most of their cabin baggage, providing ample space for laptops, personal items, and in-flight entertainment.
The increase in carry-on size is especially beneficial for people who want to travel with as minimal luggage as possible and avoid the hassle of checking bags entirely. It speeds up the boarding procedure and keeps all of your things within easy reach during your travel.
New Fees for Overweight and Oversize Bags
The introduction of fines for overweight and oversized bags is perhaps the most important change in the new policy. Bags weighing between 51 and 70 pounds (23.1 and 31.8 kilos) may now incur additional fees. Bags that exceed the 80 linear inches (203 centimeters) limit in height, width, and depth will also be penalized.
This change brings Allegiant Airlines’ baggage policy in line with industry standards, which normally charge travelers for bringing heavier and larger items. To avoid these extra costs, it’s important to pack efficiently and adhere to the new policy’s weight and size limits.
Comparison of Old and New Baggage Policies
Here’s a side-by-side comparison of the old and new baggage policies to help you understand the changes at a glance:
|The weight limit for checked bags||40 pounds (18 kilos)||50 pounds (22 kilos)|
|Size limit for checked bags||70 linear inches (178 centimeters)||80 linear inches (203 centimeters)|
|Size limit for carry-on bags||22 inches by 14 inches by 9 inches||22 inches by 16 inches by 10 inches|
|Fees for overweight and oversized bags||None||Yes|
What You Need to Do
If you plan to fly with Allegiant Airlines after March 1, 2023, you should be aware of these changes to avoid surprises at the airport. Here’s what you need to do:
- Check Your Baggage: Make sure your checked bags are within the new weight and size restrictions. This step is critical to avoiding surprise airport fees. To ensure that your suitcase is compliant, utilize a luggage scale and measuring tape.
- Understand the Fees: Learn about the new fees for overweight and large luggage. Knowing the costs ahead of time will allow you to better plan your travel budget. Remember that these fees can vary according to your precise route, so it is better to double-check customer care service for Allegiant Airlines.
- Seek Assistance: If you’re unsure whether your luggage meets the new requirements, please contact Allegiant Airlines’ customer care at +1-585-935-7101. They can offer you the assistance you require to ensure a seamless check-in experience. You can also inquire about any particular considerations for fragile or precious items you intend to transport.
- Use the baggage Calculator: Allegiant Airlines’ website has a useful luggage calculator. This tool can help you determine the size and weight of your bags, preventing any surprises at the airport. Simply enter your travel information and the quantity of baggage you intend to check, and the calculator will return the necessary information.
How to Save Money on Baggage Fees
When traveling on a budget, you don’t have to spend a lot of money on luggage fees. Here are some helpful hints for saving money when flying with Allegiant Airlines:
- Online Check-In: Use the online check-in service. This not only saves you time at the airport, but it also typically comes with baggage cost discounts. To take advantage of these advantages, register online. Furthermore, online check-in allows you to select your chosen seat and immediately receive your boarding card, making your travel experience even more convenient.
- Choose Smaller Bags: If you must check a bag, choose a smaller one to avoid overweight and oversize charges. Packing efficiently and wisely can help you save money on luggage fees. For more space while reducing weight, consider using compression packing cubes or vacuum-sealed bags.
- Pack Light: Try to travel light and only bring carry-on luggage if possible. This is especially useful if you’re going on a low-cost carrier like Allegiant Airlines, where cutting extra fees can improve your whole travel experience. Packing light not only saves money but also streamlines up your journey by removing the need to wait for checked baggage upon arrival.
- Prioritize Essentials: When packing, prioritize the products and clothing you’ll need for your vacation. Consider the weather at your destination and pack versatile outfits that can be combined and matched. Avoid overpacking with items you may not use, as excess weight can lead to additional charges.
- Consider Personal Item: Use Allegiant Airlines’ personal item allowance in addition to your carry-on bag. Most passengers are permitted to bring a personal item such as a purse, laptop bag, or small backpack at no additional charge. This gives you more room for essentials and allows you to pack more efficiently.
- Examine the Allegiant World Mastercard: If you regularly fly with Allegiant Airlines, you should look into the Allegiant World Mastercard. This credit card comes with perks including priority boarding, a free beverage on board, and a refund on in-flight Wi-Fi. While these perks do not directly affect luggage fees, they can improve your entire travel experience and save you money in other ways.
Finally, Allegiant Airlines’ new baggage policy introduces a number of changes that travelers should be aware of. Understanding these changes, as well as our money-saving advice, can help you manage the new policy with ease.