New Zealand is popular amongst students looking for a secure study environment and outdoor lifestyle. However, it is also an impeccable place to work post-study and begin your career. There are several working possibilities in New Zealand, particularly in the finance, health, and engineering field. So, many immigrants seek ways to work in New Zealand after completing their studies.
Whether you want to work in New Zealand to kickstart your career or gain some job experience, you have to apply for a post-study work visa. A post-study work visa in New Zealand allows you to work in the country, regardless of the job type, for one to three years post-study, depending on your qualification degree and college location. Remember that you can get this visa only after obtaining a second higher qualification of at least a bachelor’s degree.
Apart from meeting New Zealand’s general immigration requirements, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your qualification must be acceptable to the immigration New Zealand (IMZ).
- Your qualification level must be four or above as per the New Zealand Qualification Framework (NZQF).
- Higher qualifications than level 7 will be accepted if the course time period is over 30 weeks.
- In case you have gained two 4 to 6 level qualifications by studying each for at least 30 weeks, with the second of a level higher than the first, you are eligible for a post-study work visa in New Zealand.
- You must have taken up English as part of your studies.
You are eligible to apply for a post-study work visa after finishing your studies. However, you have only three months (or six months if your qualification is of Ph.D. level) after your New Zealand student visa expires to apply for this visa. Also, remember that you must have a valid work visa when you are in New Zealand.
If you wish to continue working in the same field in New Zealand for more than 3-years, you can apply for New Zealand PR that allows you to stay in NZ for an indefinite time period. However, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have fluency in English.
- You must possess good character without any criminal background.
- You must have a job offer with a sponsored work visa permit.
You can only apply for a New Zealand post-study work visa once in a lifetime. So, you should not miss this opportunity at any cost. However, even a single mistake on your visa application can lead to rejection or delay your post-study work visa. So, in such a situation, getting assistance from professionals can turn out to be the best option.
No matter whether you want a study visa, work visa, or New Zealand entrepreneur visa, you can reach the professional immigration advisor at New Start NZ. They are always ready to help you. For more information, explore the website here: https://www.newstartnz.com/services/individual-family/.
click here for more articles.